Welcome by Pastor Weskamp
Death is nothing at all,
I have only slipped away into the next door room,
I am I and you are you...
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by my old familiar name, Speak to me in the usual way which you always used. Put no difference into your tone,Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrows. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without effect, without the ghost of a shadow on it. Life means all it ever meant, it is the same as it ever was,
There is absolutely unbroken continuity.
Search Me, O God, and Know My Heart (Psalm 139)
1. O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar.
3. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways.
4. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
5. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me.
6. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it.
7. Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8. If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9. If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10. even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me.
11. If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,”
12. even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you.
13. For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works, my soul knows it very well.
15. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
17. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
18. If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you.
19. Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!
20. 20. And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!
21. Praise be for the father and the son And the Holy Ghost.
22. as in the beginning, so now and for all time in eternity. Amen.
Reflection on Frank as a friend: Sir Clive Loader
Tribute from Dorise
Impressions of a Pilot
Flight is freedom in its purest form,
To dance with the clouds which follow a storm;
To roll and glide, to wheel and spin,
To feel the joy that swells within;
To leave the earth with its troubles and fly,
And know the warmth of a clear spring sky;
Then back to earth at the end of a day,
Released from the tensions which melted away;
Should my end come while I am in flight,
Whether brightest day or darkest night;
Spare me your pity and shrug off the pain,
Secure in the Knowledge that I'd do it again;
For each of us is created to die,
And within me I know,
I was born to fly.
- Gary Claud Stokor -
Improvisation Organ – Christ ist erstanden
Song: Above the Clouds (Johannes and Bianca Hettlich) Song Lyrics and Melody: Reinhard Mey
Why are you standing there and gazing up to heaven? From Marc 16 (16.15, 16.16a and 16.19): Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.
Song: Von guten Machten wunderbar geborgen (By benevolent forces wonderfully sheltered/protected)
From “The little Prince” by Antoine de Saint Exupéry: A dialogue between the little prince and the pilot.
"People have stars, but they aren't the same. For travellers, the stars are guides. For other people, they're nothing but tiny lights. And for still others, for scholars, they're problems. For my businessman, they were gold. But all those stars are silent stars. You, though, you'll have stars like nobody else."
"What do you mean?"
"When you look up at the sky at night, since I'll be living on one of them, since I'll be laughing on one of them, for you, it'll be as if all the stars are laughing. You – only you - will have stars that can laugh!"
And he laughed again.
"And when your sorrow is comforted (time soothes all sorrows) you will be glad that you have known me. You will always be my friend. You will want to laugh with me. And you will open your windows sometimes just for the fun of it... And your friends will be amazed to see you laughing while you are looking up at the sky. Then you will tell them, 'Yes, it's the stars. They always make me laugh!"
The Lord’s Prayer
Song: Kein schöner Land in dieser Zeit (No land more beautiful in these times)
You can all help! We are building a Township Kindergarten in Cape Town. The kindergarten is part of the Vuyo Sana (Happy Baby) Campaign and will be named “Frank’s Heaven”. Today’s collection (located at both exits) will go towards this.
You may also transfer donations: Spendenkonto Sparkasse KleveBLZ 324 500 00; Konto Nr. 1030394710; Verwendungszweck „Frank's Heaven"IBAN: DE 58 3245 0000 1030 3947 10Swift-BIC: WELADED1KLE
Share your stories and adventures with Frank in our guestbook on:www.d-gomm.de or in the practice.